|RECIPE NAME||WHITE SNAPPER CURRY|
|SEAFOOD USED||White Snapper|
|TYPE OF COOKING||Curry|
|SUBSTITUTE||Pomfret,Pearl Spot, Indian Mackerel|
|TOTAL TIME =1 Hour 15 Min|
|TIME FOR PREPARATION||1 Hour|
|TIME FOR COOKING||15 Min|
White snapper fillets immersed in rich tomato gravy is a flavoursome and an easy to make curry.
|White Snapper||500 gm|
|Small onions||20 (Sliced)|
|Ginger||4 inch piece (Sliced)|
|Pepper powder||1 tsp|
|Tomato (medium)||3 (to make juice)|
|Coconut oil||3 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
|Chilli powder||4 tsp|
HOW TO PREPARE
- Defrost the fish as per instructions and wash.
- Take half chilli powder, turmeric, ginger, garlic and full pepper powder and salt and grind it into a paste.
- Marinate the fish in this for 30 minutes. Shallow fry till its half done.
- In the same tawa, toss small onions, balance of garlic and ginger for sometime.
- Then add the balance of dry ingredients that is chilli powder, turmerc and green chilly slit into half.
- Saute for sometime till the raw smell goes.Then add tomato juice and vinegar and let it boil.
- Then add water and put the fish and curry leaves.
- Keet it on fire till the gravy becomes thick
- Serve hot.
TIP: Good with chapathi