|RECIPE NAME||WHITE SNAPPER CURRY|
|SEAFOOD USED||White Snapper|
|TYPE OF COOKING||Curry|
|SUBSTITUTE||Pomfret,Pearl Spot, Indian Mackerel|
|TOTAL TIME =1 Hour 15 Min|
|TIME FOR PREPARATION||1 Hour|
|TIME FOR COOKING||15 Min|
White snapper fillets immersed in rich tomato gravy is a flavoursome and an easy to make curry.
|White Snapper||500 gm|
|Small onions||20 (Sliced)|
|Ginger||4 inch piece (Sliced)|
|Pepper powder||1 tsp|
|Tomato (medium)||3 (to make juice)|
|Coconut oil||3 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
|Chilli powder||4 tsp|
HOW TO PREPARE
- Defrost the fish as per instructions and wash.
- Mix chilli powder, turmeric, ginger, garlic, pepper powder along with to form a paste.
- Marinate the fish with the paste for 30 minutes and shallow fry till its half done.
- In the same tawa, toss small onions, garlic and ginger.
- Salute for a few minutes and add chilli powder, turmerc and slit green chilly.
- Saute for sometime till the raw smell goes and add tomato puree along with vinegar and bring it to boil.
- Then add water and put the fish and curry leaves.
- Keet it on medium flame till the gravy becomes thick
- Serve hot.
TIP: Good with chapathi